Friday, March 29, 2013

Keep Your Feet Happy

Keeping my feet happy is considered my obligation as far as I'm concerned. For almost my entire life my feet have had to carry my weight and deal with my abuse, and it wasn't until I developed a painful bunion that I realized my feet will let me know when they're not happy. Since then, I've done what I had to do to keep my feet smiling because when my feet are unhappy, I'm unhappy too. Below is a list I'd like to share with you, a list of things you can do to keep your feet grinning from toe-to-toe.


Instructions


Keep Your Feet Happy, by Grace Covelli


1. Wear Shoes Your Feet Will Feel Comfortable InThe human foot is made up of twenty-six bones, two sesamoids, seventeen muscles, one hundred and seven ligaments, twelve tendons, nerves, fascia, connective tissue, and a supply of blood. To try and squeeze all that into a too small shoe would be an injustice. According to some experts, anyone who wears ill-fitting shoes or high heels may wind up with foot disorders that place the body under stress. Wearing shoes your feet will be comfortable in is one very important way to keep your feet happy.


2. Give Your Feet Some TLCPamper your feet with a foot soak. Add a handful of Epsom salts and an essential oil of your choice to water and allow feet to soak for five to ten minutes. You may want to scrub calluses with a pumice stone afterwards and trim toenails. Wash feet, dry and apply a moisturizer.


3. Treat Your FeetGive your feet (and your body, mind and soul) the gift of reflexology. Having your feet rubbed is an extremely relaxing experience. Just think of how wonderful it would feel to have the seven thousand plus nerve endings in your feet gently stimulated. Reflexology will allow your tired feet to take a break while it transports you to a tranquil place.








4. Give Your Feet a CheckupTake note of any foot disorders that may appear. Watch for ingrown toenails. Most likely, you will be alerted to this problem as ingrown toenails can be painful. See a podiatrist if you're having problems with your feet.

Tags: your feet, your feet, disorders that, Feet Happy, foot disorders